Saturday, June 07, 2008

Let the Fiery Madness Begin

Euro 2008, the world's fourth most watched sporting event in any given four-year period (behind the World Cup, the Summer Olympics, the Winter Olympics, but ahead of the Super Bowl) is underway in Austria and Switzerland. Since I have no horse in the race, I will jump on Croatia's bandwagon because their team's anthem is "Fiery Madness" (seen below, 3:56) and it was written by their coach. I will have more comments on Euro 2008 at the tournament's conclusion.


3 comments:

morty said...

I take it all back. After watching the Netherlands knock the stuffing out of Italy today, they are my new favorite. Plus they have the versatility that comes with multiple names: The Netherlands, Holland, the Dutch.

Doug W. said...

Now that Croatia upset Germany, are you back on their bandwagon (assuming there is such a thing as a Croatian bandwagon)? It does not matter, we all know Spain is finally going to break through and win a major competition, right? (That sounded even more pathetic than I thought)

morty said...

Yes, I did lean back toward Croatia, but then Holland completely pasted France today so now I've buckled my seatbelt on the Dutch bandwagon.