2 months ago
1. Eliminate the BCS and all conferences as we currently know them.|
2. Organize all 120 Division 1A schools into 4 super conferences of 30 teams each based solely on geography as shown below.
3. Organize each super conference into 3 divisions or tiers of 10 teams. These tiers will come with a certain level of hierarchy. The top tier will consist of the best teams while the bottom tier will consist of the worst teams.
4. Each team will play the other 9 teams in its division with three games left for traditional rivals or other selected match ups.
5. At the end of the season, the champions of each conference's top tier will play in a four-team playoff with the winner crowned national champion.
6. All other teams will play in bowl games as they currently do.
7. The bottom two or three teams from the top tier will then be relegated to the second tier while the top two or three teams from the second tier will move up to the top tier and so on.
The Resulting Benefits: